TOP PERFORMANCE OF PREVIOUS YEAR'S PERIOD CONFIRMED
- At the mid-year, the Düsseldorf logistics market can once again look back on high letting dynamics and achieved the third above-average result in a row in terms of take-up.
- With a total of 152,000 m², the half-year performance matches the comparable result for the previous year, although slightly more deals were registered with a lower average size per deal (around 7,600 m²) than in 2022 (around 9,000 m²).
- With 57 % of the take-up, the share of new construction also reached a high level once again. Among others, the contract logistics company GXO Logistics, which rented around 32,000 m² in Dormagen in the second quarter, was one of the main contributor to this.
- The lively market activity is also reflected in the development of prime rents, which have risen by a further 9 % in the last 12 months to currently 7.50 €/m².
LOGISTICS IN THE LEAD, SEGMENT FROM 8.000 M² STRONG
- In the sector ranking, logistics firms headed the take-up distribution in the first six months, with Spedition Engemann being responsible for the largest letting in the stock segment (17,000 m² in Hilden) in addition to the major deal by GXO Logistics mentioned above.
- However, with contributions of more than one-fifth each, wholesale/retail (23 %) and manufacturing (around 21 %) companies are also decisively involved in market activity, whereby individual smaller and medium-sized deals have contributed to this in both sectors.
- Among the size categories, the segments above 8,000 m² particularly stand out, with their shares all significantly above their average values. Overall, these spaces in the medium and larger segments account for around 75 % of market activity.