At a Glance Q4 2023

Investment market Leipzig

Investmentmarkt Leipzig


The development of the German commercial property investment market in 2023 was dominated by rising interest rates and the resulting increase in financing costs. The absence of economic growth also had a dampening effect. Despite these negative influences, Leipzig's market performed above average in a nationwide comparison, with a realized investment volume of €610 million. Although commercial investment turnover in Germany decreased significantly, Leipzig experienced a smaller decline of just under 32% compared to the previous year and around 26% compared to the 10-year average. In 2023, single transactions accounted for 81% of the market share in Leipzig, while portfolio deals made up the remaining 19%. The sale of a distribution centre in Leipzig as part of a package sale was the most significant transaction.

Read the full report by downloading the PDF document.
Download this market report as PDF