At a Glance Q2 2019

Logistics market Ruhr region

Logistikmarkt Ruhrgebiet


With a total take-up of 262,000 m², the market for warehousing and logistics space in the Ruhr area, together with Berlin (270,000 m²) and Frankfurt (259,000 m²), which achieve comparable results at mid-year, continues to be the most attractive logistics region. Not only the volume, which is 31 % above the long-term average and 37 % above the comparable prior-year result, is pleasing, but also the number of deals, which is at a comparable level with the exceptionally strong record year 2016. By contrast, the share of new buildings is clearly below average (44 %), a figure that is traditionally very high in the Ruhr region. On the other hand, nearly 56% of take-up is accounted for by the stock segment, which suggests that there is a shortage of attractive new construction sites, which is why users are increasingly relying on existing properties.

Read the full report by downloading the PDF document.

Download this market report as PDF