BNP Paribas Real Estate Consult has developed a solution for portfolio holders and asset managers that combines sustainable development with value enhancement. Sustainable Asset Management Solutions make it possible to carry out a time and cost-optimised analysis of buildings and portfolios and to derive measures from them. This combination of technical evaluation and market analysis establishes a link between sustainability factors and economic factors.
For which buildings can performance be optimised without entailing major investment measures? How can both costs and carbon footprints be reduced by operational improvements?
What types of property have a particularly high cost savings potential (revenues) compared to modernisation costs (expenses), and also offer the prospect of higher rental income (net leasing/letting occupancy rate) and thus an increase in value compared to the status quo prior to the redevelopment?
Making a positive contribution to improving the performance of the building and the portfolio, increasing revenues and minimising environmental pollution at a reasonable cost present a challenge. Possible strategies for achieving this are:
- Defining strategic objectives for sustainable development
- Recording and analysing energy costs and CO2 emissions, taking measures where necessary
- Setting out corporate sustainability guidelines for sustainable investment and operation
- Documenting successful cases and publishing them where appropriate (sustainability report)
Implementation of sustainable development and energy efficiency in your portfolio as the value drivers. Support for our clients with measures based on economic and technical analyses.
- Strategic advice for developing a sustainability business plan
- Recording, processing and analysing data on the sustainability status quo in the portfolio
- Selecting properties and measures with a favourable cost-benefit ratio
- Providing a market overview and advice on labels and certificates (DGNB, LEED, BREEAM, GB-EU, etc.)
Use sustainable development to reduce costs and increase potential revenues.
- We draw on our combined expert knowledge of the market and sustainability to identify the potential for boosting the value of your building or overall portfolio.
- We set benchmarks for your ancillary costs with appropriate comparables and these reduce the costs of your assets. This provides room for manoeuvre on net rental income and new letting opportunities.
- Improvements in energy efficiency and sustainability will satisfy the growing demands of occupiers and investors.